Sunday, March 8, 2009

Update 3/8/2009
























































The puppies are amazing - and getting to be a lot of work but I'm told I ain't seen nothing yet. I took some pictures the other day but didn't get them posted so here are some pictures that I took this afternoon.

First, the all now weigh in between 41.5 Oz and 46.8 Oz and have gained between 141% and 195% of their birth weight. My daughter Michele came over on Wednesday evening and helped me remove all of the stitches from their tails - everything is just fine. Over the past few days all of them have opened their eyes as you can probably see in the photos and they have started to walk. The red boy was first to walk and is getting around the best so far although they still all look like they are drunk. The funniest thing to see is when they get up, shake and fall down. They are all now flooding the whelping box and I change the papers every time they wake up. They got their nails cut for the second time today and did real well. Michele and Aaron came over on Friday and helped me move them into the dining room where they will have lots of room to roam as they grow.

I wish you could all be here to see and hold them as they are a real treat - and you could help me clean up after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment