Friday, July 30, 2010

7-30 Update

Hello everyone. Sorry for disappearing for so long but things have been hectic. The puppies are doing just great. They have been wormed twice and will see the Vet for their first shots and second puppy exam tomorrow. They will have their CERF exams on Monday. I no longer carry them in from the yard after they potty as they all scramble up the steps to the porch and follow me inside to eat. They execute the large wobble board and several do this teeter looking thing that travels about 10" to a bang.


On Wednesday my friends and Viper's breeders, Mark and Anne, came by and we took all of the pups to instinct them on ducks.  It was great fun. They all had some level of interest from just staring to going right after them but all of them were very brave and nobody backed down from the 10 ducks that we put in front of them. Since the environment was new they were also interested in the grass, fence, sticks, trees, etc. They were very perky until the heat got to them.


They now live in an area formed by two Ex-Pens with lots of stimulation. There are a couple of different tunnels, two pianos, toys, tug toys, babble balls, various other balls, some different texture items for them to crawl on, a teeter and a wobble board. In addition, there is a crate in there which they now sleep in so they are fast becoming crate trained. I also take them for a walk around the yard each day - they are very people oriented and follow quite well. I have been putting them back in the whelping box to eat so that I can clean up the Ex-Pen and they can already crawl over the edge and get out.


The pictures posted below are from last Sunday so they are already 5 days older and much more mature but you should be able to get the idea. I'll try to take some more tomorrow. Amanda asked me to take pictures from each side stacked so that is what we tried - what a pipe dream. I'd have to drug these perpetual motion machines to do that. I'll continue to do the best that I can.



No1 is a Blue Merle Tri Female who weighs 6 pounds.


No 2 is a Black Tri Male. He weights 6.5#.


No 3 is a Blue Merle Bi Male who now weighs 5.75#


No4 is a Red Tri Male. He now weighs 6.5#

No 5 is a Red Merle Tri Female weighing in at 6.5#

No6 is a Blue Merle Bi as well who now weighs 6.75#.

No7 is a Black Bi Boy weighing in at 6.75#.

This picture is even older than the others but this is what I look at every time I put them in there to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment